Friday, May 18, 2012

Lifebook class - WIP

Can you believe it's Mid May and I only completed 1 lesson in LIfebook??? I'm so annoyed with myself for getting so behind, but that's what happens when you work full time and have a toddler and home to care for.

Oh well. I decided this weekend I HAD to get some "me" time. Lately I've been sapped of all strength, but the good news is I'm 14 weeks along and the new baby seems to be coming along just fine.

So for the me time I decided to just jump back in to Lifebook, wherever we were and got excited about Jodi Ohl's lesson.
We get to doodle! I haven't just doodled in SO long so it was nice to get back to my roots. I'd forgotten how much I like to doodle and how relaxing it is. And with this lesson I had a reason and purpose to doodle, if you will.

So here's my draft with what I started. I liked it so much I kept going.





....and here it is outlined in ink. This is pretty much the final version before color. I'm hoping I will have energy tomorrow to continue, finish, and share.

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think I will dream about colors and see if i can wake up with a color scheme. This was a pretty awesome lesson and a message I keep reminding myself of for when it comes to art.




Hope you're having a creative day!

Xoxo ~Leila

2 comments:

  1. I love how you did the text! A very inspiring message :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Initially I was going to just stamp my message with letter stamps, but decided to stick to the lesson and use my own handwriting (even if I don't like it). I'm glad I stuck to my own handwriting, I really like how it turned out. :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment!

*** Be sure to check back as I do reply to comments. :-) ***

Pin It

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails