Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Inspiration is Everywhere.... Dylusions Journal - Page #2

Click to view larger


Continuing on in my Dylusions Journal....here is page 2 that I completed.

I used stamps from  Ranger Ink, Stampotique & Donna Downey.

This has definately been a learning process as I was happy with the page and now I'm not.
Mostly I'm not happy with it because the ink smeared EVERYWHERE.  For pretty much everything I used Staz-On permanent ink, but I had a design that ran along the curves and looked pretty cool, but the ink was not permanent - which I didn't realize until the smudgy smudginess, blech.
Have you seen the Sew Stampers?   They're pretty cool and have interchangeable heads and I like the designs...but they'd be even cooler if the ink stayed where I put it.  So that was a tad frustrating.  I did learn tho that I cannot use them if I've put mod podge down on my page, that was the reason the ink kept smearing.  I tried, cleaned, tried again...tried about 4 times and even tried to dry and use fixative.  Nope, Just didn't work and it is the reason my page looks a bit messy.

That's ok tho, after all it is a journal page, and anything goes in a journal!
I still like the design I did, just wish it wasn't so smudgy and dirty looking, and I really would've liked to have the finishing touches of that sew stamper design, but ahhh well.
Lesson Learned!

Hope you're having an art-tastic day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

*** Be sure to check back as I do reply to comments. :-) ***

Pin It

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails