Friday, January 18, 2013

New Stencils & Masks listed

http://www.etsy.com/shop/artsycreations

http://www.etsy.com/shop/artsycreations

http://www.etsy.com/shop/artsycreations


I created some easy to use stencils and masks and added to my shop

I  started creating my own after a conversation with a sales rep in an art store I frequent.

We were talking about how expensive stencils can be and he mentioned how easy they were to make and asked why I didn't just make my own.

So I did and figured I'd offer them up.  It actually really is super easy once you have a template.
So I created them as PNG files so if I want to use them digitally I can.  No backgrounds make them super easy to select, copy, and paste.

When I want to use them as a stencil or mask, I simply print them out on inkjet transparency sheets.  These sheets aren't that much thinner than some of the stencils I bought.  Really, you could also use a thick cardstock paper meant for your printer, but I like the transparency sheets because they last longer and can handle wet media.

I grab an X-acto knife or blade, carefully cut around the outline, and then I'm good to go.  Not only does it create a stencil, but I can use the cut out piece as a mask.  The best part about having my own is that I can resize them to whatever size I need and then create a whole new stencil.  

Easy Peasy.  If you're interested, I have a few of them in my shop, swing on over and check them out.  :-)

Hope you're having a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

*** Be sure to check back as I do reply to comments. :-) ***

Pin It

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails