Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Update....where have I been?!

Geez, it's been almost a month since I last posted, but I haven't been doing NOTHING!
It's been harder and harder to be creative with 2 kids (4 year old and a 5 month old), but I've managed to find time...

I've been having fun with this new class Soldering Molten Lava.

I've also just started a new course as well to learn how to solder bezels, so this past month has been full of learning new jewelry techniques.  And I'm having fun!

I honesty absolutely love soldering molten lava, which is basically stamping into the solder.

Here's a few examples of the direction I went with it.  I combined it with etching, which I also love to do.



These are in progress, but you can see where they are headed.

Here are 2 pieces I just finished as well. You can see on the bracelet where I have stamped the solder.  I also magically managed to solder the bee on to the bracelet portion.  I was really very happy that I was able to guess at that, cuz I honestly didn't know how to solder pieces together.


I'm SO pleased with these 2...to a point where I kinda want to keep them, lol.  Isn't that how it always goes?  You make jewelry pieces and then want to keep them...

Anyway, they'll be uploaded into my shop hopefully soon.  I have a ton of others to load in the shop as well.  Slow going with the boys...but I really do hope to get them in there in the next week or 2!!

Hope wherever you are, you're being crafty!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

*** Be sure to check back as I do reply to comments. :-) ***

Pin It

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails