Sunday, March 17, 2013

Getting ready to Etch!

A couple weekends ago I went through and cut a bunch of copper and then sanded the edges so they wouldn't slice anyone's fingers or clothes. That prep took me about 4hrs.

Today, I spent another 4hrs getting designs onto the copper and preparing them for etching solution. I love etching, but am not too fond of the chemicals - especially with 2 little ones at home. So I've been researching and think I found a less toxic method, hopefully I can purchase that unit for my bday in June, but in the meantime I will be etching with chemicals when hubby is home and can keep an eye on the boys.

Here are the ones I finally finished that are almost ready to etch. I haven't decided yet if I want to tape the back or just color with ink, but for the moment I'm taking a break to spend time with my little ones. :-)

Looking forward to finishing....
Can't wait to see how they turn out for pendants!




Hope you're having a creative day!

XoXo ~Leila

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment!

*** Be sure to check back as I do reply to comments. :-) ***

Pin It

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails